To Apply for a place at our Academy
Northamptonshire County Council is responsible for school admissions and appeals. Please visit their website to make an application - https://www.northnorthants.gov.uk/school-admissions
Starting in Reception
The closing date for September 24 intakes is 15th January 2023. . Please click to see the Key Dates
In Year Applications
We welcome applications from all Infant, Junior and Primary schools. Children transfer to us at the age of 5+ and during the summer term a liaison programme is arranged to ensure children who will be joining us in September are able to move into our academy with confidence.
Once your application is accepted we will call you to arrange a show round and give you the necessary paperwork. Please browse our website for information with regard to meals, uniform, timings etc. Once your child is on roll you will receive a number of emails asking you to log in to the various communication, payment and learning systems we use. If you have any queries the office will happily help you.
Visiting our Academy
Prospective parents who would like to visit the school are invited to contact the office to make an appointment, you will be made most welcome. Please contact 01933 677202 or email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Oversubscription Admission Criteria Admission Number - The school has an agreed Published Admission Number (PAN) of 30 children for entry in Reception.
Places will first be allocated to children who have an Education, Health Care (EHC) Plan that names the school as offering the appropriate provision. Where there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
1. Looked after children and all previously looked after children.
2. Children of staff at the school, in either or both of the following circumstances: Where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
3. Children with a brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the child.
4. Children who live in the defined area
5. Other children. Allocation to PAN If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances are measured on a straight-line basis from the address point of the child’s home address to the address point of the school using NCC’s Geographical Information System.
Tiebreaker: If two or more applications cannot otherwise be separated and there is only one place available, a random allocation process will be used to determine who should be allocated the place.
Defined Area (also known as linked or designated area/village): The defined area for Little Harrowden Primary is Great Harrowden, Little Harrowden, Orlingbury, and Finedon Sidings at Furnace Lane.
Applying for Secondary School
When your child enters Year 6 you can begin making an application for secondary school. Applications open in early September and close at the end of October, however, you can make a late application. This may result in your options being limited. Please follow the link below to make your online application and to receive further information.
Please be aware that the admissions policy for the academic year 2024-2025 was amended in August 2023. If you have read the policy prior to this date, it is advised that you re-read the policy.